Friday, December 11, 2009

The Master Bath Takes Shape


The stone was also delivered for the Master Bath.

The floor of the shower is a single piece of Cosmic Black Wave. The same material is on the bath countertop and goes up the wall on either side of what will be a mirror. The stone rocks! What you can't see is that it has texture. Instead of being smooth it has some waviness. I like it more than I thought I would. Now a back-story....

I got a call a couple of weeks ago that the stone I had chosen was not available. They had stone, but it wasn't in sizes to allow installation without seams. It could be found, but would put the time-line to completion in jeopardy. But I loved the stone chosen, it was called "Black Wave". So, Jeff Troch as Design Surfaces says they have a similar stone in stock called "Cosmic Black Wave". I could come out and see it to decide if it would work. Well, scrambling around between work meetings, 2 trips to Raleigh, and the above is the result. I think I might like this stone better. But, it's one of those decisions that without each piece side-by-side, I don't have a clue.

No comments: